In 2018-19, the Institute for CyberScience will make a cluster hire of 12 new co-hired faculty whose work involves the integration and interrogation of complex data streams and methods. College deans and department heads at Penn State are invited to submit a proposal for co-hire positions that advance both your mission and the mission of ICS.
Co-hire RFP Application Process
Proposals should be submitted at our InfoReady page by February 23, 2018 by 5 p.m. to receive full consideration.
The 2018 ICS co-hire RFP emphasizes proposals to hire researchers in the following “focus” areas:
- Cybersecurity and privacy
Other focus areas will be considered in future co-hire RFPs.
ICS Support for Co-hires
When the candidate starts at Penn State, ICS will
- provide up to 50 percent of the new faculty member’s salary, up to a limit of $50K per year
- provide compute start-up on ICS-ACI, our high-performance computing system
- continue to provide salary to the co-hired faculty member for a minimum of 5 years, renewed based upon the applicability of the faculty member’s research to ICS goals.
ICS will also contribute up to $3,000 to the department to assist in recruitment efforts.
ICS co-hired faculty are expected to engage in interdisciplinary research involving advanced computation and big data methodologies. ICS co-hires participate actively in the institute. ICS expects that this service will count in the co-hired faculty member’s progress toward tenure, and that departmental service expectations will be adjusted in recognition of ICS service.
InfoReady Quick-start Guide
ICS is using the InfoReady Review system to manage applications for this opportunity. For your proposal to be submitted properly, follow these steps:
- Go to psu.infoready4.com and log in to the site using the link in the upper right corner of the page. Then click the button for Penn State Login.
- Click on the title of the opportunity (2017 Request for Proposals Institute for CyberScience Faculty Co-hires) from the list on the home page, opening the details page for that opportunity.
- On the details page, click the “My Application” button to the right to start or resume your application.
NOTE: If someone will be submitting the proposal for you (i.e., your college research administrative staff), you must add them as a proxy in your user profile prior to submission. See the instructions below.
- Complete the application form and upload the documents required by the Request for Proposals. The application is saved as you go. You will be prompted to resume the next time you log in.
- When you are finished entering your information and uploading documents, click “Submit Application.” You will receive confirmation when the submitted application has been received.
Adding PSU employees as proxies
In order for another PSU employee to submit an application on your behalf, you need to designate them as a proxy.
- Log in to the InfoReady site, as in step 1 above.
- Click your name in the upper right of the InfoReady window when you are logged in.
- Complete profile information (Optional)
- Go to the section of the profile titled “Designate an Applicant Proxy.” Click the “Add Proxy” button.
- Enter your proxy’s PSU email address in the form [AccessID]@psu.edu (e.g., email@example.com). You must use the Access ID form of the email for the permissions to be granted. Do not use an email alias.
- Click Add, then click “Save Changes.” An email will be sent to the person designated as a proxy.
Your proxy will log in to the system and follow the application steps listed above. Your proxy will list you as the applicant.
Help us build the future. Contact ICS at Penn State.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: ICS-ACI Support (i-ASK Center): 814-865-4275 | General Inquiries: 814-867-1467