The mission of the Institute for CyberScience is to build capacity to solve problems of scientific and societal importance through cyber-enabled research. As computation and data science become increasingly vital modes of inquiry, we enable researchers to develop innovative computational methods and to apply those methods to research challenges. Specifically, we:
- foster a collaborative, interdisciplinary scholarly community focused on the development and application of innovative computational methods;
- expand participation in interdisciplinary research through strategic investments and effective outreach; and
- provide a vibrant world-class cyberinfrastructure by maintaining and continually improving hardware and software solutions and technical expertise.
ICS will expand its role as an international leader in advancing cyberinfrastructure along with computational and data-driven methods and in driving their application to interdisciplinary research. We will use our expertise coupled with our state-of-the-science research infrastructure to support cyber-enabled interdisciplinary collaborations and attract the world’s best researchers. These researchers will form a vibrant intellectual community empowered to use the latest and most effective computational methods to make transformative discoveries for science and society.
Help us build the future. Contact ICS at Penn State.
- email: email@example.com
- phone: ICS-ACI Support (i-ASK Center): 814-865-4275 | General Inquiries: 814-867-1467
- Mar 16, 20174:40 pm - 5:30 pm
Global Risks 2035: The Search for a New Normal
Dr. Mathew Burrows of the Atlantic Council will present on h…More Info
- Mar 23, 20173:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Workshop on NSF Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Awards
Antoinette WinklerPrins, the NSF Program Director of Geograp…More Info
- Mar 22, 20172:00 pm - 3:30 pm
ICS-ACI User Social: Conrad Tucker on Virtually Merged Clinics
How can humans and robots learn from each other in service o…More Info
- Mar 30, 201711:00 am - 5:00 pm
XSEDE HPC Workshop: GPU Programming using OpenACC
ICS will be hosting a free XSEDE workshop on compiling GPU-c…More Info
- Apr 18, 2017 - Mar 19, 201711:00 am
XSEDE HPC Monthly Workshop: MPI
ICS will be hosting a free XSEDE workshop on MPI programming…More Info