Are you writing a proposal that involves computational research? Here are some helpful resources:
- Ready-to-go text “About ICS”
- Links to other Penn State proposal support services
- Services for ICS co-hires
Ready-to-go Text for Your Proposal
You can use these text blocks as is, or select only the details relevant to your proposal.
If not all the text in a block is relevant to your proposal, select only the details you need. If you need more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Penn State Resources for Grant-Writing
- Strategic Interdisciplinary Research Office (SIRO) – supports large, multi-faculty projects spanning two or more colleges or institutes.
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) – provides central coordination and oversight of all research awards that come into Penn State. Helps faculty find funding opportunities.
- Limited Submission Program – manages the response to certain funding opportunities for which Penn State can only submit a limited number of applications. Learn more about these opportunities and find calls for interest.
- Office for Research Protections (ORP) – provides education about research areas with ethical regulations, such as human subjects research.
- Penn State Innovation Gateway – lists industry partners as well as funding opportunities.
ICS Proposal Support Services
If you’re an ICS co-hire, use the form below to request special support services.We offer two types of service: 1) Proposal Development and 2) Editing.
This service is for clients who have not yet drafted the technical volume of the proposal. You provide the ideas and subject-area expertise; then ICS communications experts work closely with you to translate these ideas into effective language. Services may include:
- Pre-writing: strategizing how to frame the argument
- Outlining: breaking down the technical volume into sections, subsections, and paragraphs
- Project Management: identifying who will write each section and due dates
- Drafting: writing sections (where ICS staff have required knowledge)
- Editing: review of a complete draft for clarity and correctness
Request development services at least six weeks before the due date.
If you already have a draft of the technical volume, our team can review the draft for organization and grammar/punctuation and to enhance clarity and ease of reading.
Request editing services at least two weeks before the due date.
NOTE: ICS services DO NOT replace the role of your college’s grants and contracts office. If your grants and contracts office offers similar services, you should use them first. PLEASE NOTE: If the RFP is for > $1 million and involves more than 2 colleges, please approach the Strategic Interdisciplinary Research Office first.
Currently, only ICS Co-hires may request Proposal Support Services. As we grow our team, we may expand our services. All form fields are required.
Help us build the future. Contact ICS at Penn State.
- email: email@example.com
- phone: ICS-ACI Support (i-ASK Center): 814-865-4275 | General Inquiries: 814-867-1467
- Nov 7, 201711:00 am - 5:00 pm
XSEDE HPC Workshop: GPU Programming Using OpenACC
OpenACC is the accepted standard using compiler directives t…More Info
- Nov 6, 201710:00 am - 3:00 pm
NIIMBL Teaming Event with Celgene
Celgene, a biotechnology company, invites researchers to a m…More Info
- Nov 8, 20178:30 am - 4:30 pm
Amazon Web Services Research Immersion Day
Come and learn how to do science on the cloud! From scaling …More Info
- Nov 9, 20171:30 pm - 2:30 pm
SIRO Proposal Development Workshop: Perspectives on Graduate Education
Dean Evasius, Director, NSF Division of Graduate Education, …More Info
- Nov 2, 201712:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Introduction to Data Science with R Workshop 8: Managing Multiple Datasets
In this workshop, we will begin to synthesize what we have l…More Info
- Nov 10, 20172:00 pm - 3:00 pm
SIRO Proposal Development Workshop: NSF Research Traineeship Program-Limited Submission Opportunity
The NSF Research Traineeship (NRT) program (NSF 18-507) is d…More Info
- Nov 14, 20179:00 am - 5:00 pm
GIS Day 2017
Penn State GIS Day strives to bring together those who are w…More Info
- Nov 9, 201712:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Introduction to Data Science with R: Working with Text Data in R
In this workshop, we will cover the basics of manipulating a…More Info
- Nov 14, 20175:00 pm
Paul Hawken, “Drawdown, the Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming”
Environmentalist and entrepreneur Paul Hawken will be the ke…More Info
- Nov 16, 20172:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Ari Fertig of “The Conversation”
Penn State will host editor Ari Fertig from the academic med…More Info
- Nov 17, 20174:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Stochastic Computations Working Group: “Parameter estimation using linear response statistics: Theory and numerical scheme”
Join ICS Associate John Harlim and Xiantao Li for their bi-w…More Info
- Nov 30, 20174:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Geodynamics Seminar with Tim Masterlark – Impulse Response Experiments for Magmatic Systems
Join the Department of Geosciences for a Geodynamics Seminar…More Info