Are you writing a proposal that involves computational research? Here are some helpful resources:
- Ready-to-go text “About ICS”
- Links to other Penn State proposal support services
- Services for ICS co-hires
Ready-to-go Text for Your Proposal
You can use these text blocks as is, or select only the details relevant to your proposal.
If not all the text in a block is relevant to your proposal, select only the details you need. If you need more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Penn State Resources for Grant-Writing
- Strategic Interdisciplinary Research Office (SIRO) – supports large, multi-faculty projects spanning two or more colleges or institutes.
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) – provides central coordination and oversight of all research awards that come into Penn State. Helps faculty find funding opportunities.
- Limited Submission Program – manages the response to certain funding opportunities for which Penn State can only submit a limited number of applications. Learn more about these opportunities and find calls for interest.
- Office for Research Protections (ORP) – provides education about research areas with ethical regulations, such as human subjects research.
- Penn State Innovation Gateway – lists industry partners as well as funding opportunities.
ICS Proposal Support Services
If you’re an ICS co-hire, use the form below to request special support services.We offer two types of service: 1) Proposal Development and 2) Editing.
This service is for clients who have not yet drafted the technical volume of the proposal. You provide the ideas and subject-area expertise; then ICS communications experts work closely with you to translate these ideas into effective language. Services may include:
- Pre-writing: strategizing how to frame the argument
- Outlining: breaking down the technical volume into sections, subsections, and paragraphs
- Project Management: identifying who will write each section and due dates
- Drafting: writing sections (where ICS staff have required knowledge)
- Editing: review of a complete draft for clarity and correctness
Request development services at least six weeks before the due date.
If you already have a draft of the technical volume, our team can review the draft for organization and grammar/punctuation and to enhance clarity and ease of reading.
Request editing services at least two weeks before the due date.
NOTE: ICS services DO NOT replace the role of your college’s grants and contracts office. If your grants and contracts office offers similar services, you should use them first. PLEASE NOTE: If the RFP is for > $1 million and involves more than 2 colleges, please approach the Strategic Interdisciplinary Research Office first.
Currently, only ICS Co-hires may request Proposal Support Services. As we grow our team, we may expand our services. All form fields are required.
Help us build the future. Contact ICS at Penn State.
- email: email@example.com
- phone: ICS-ACI Support (i-ASK Center): 814-865-4275 | General Inquiries: 814-867-1467
- Feb 7, 2018 - Feb 8, 201811:00 am - 5:00 pm
XSEDE HPC Monthly Workshop Series: Big Data
XSEDE, along with the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center, is p…More Info
- Feb 7, 20181:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Understanding the Language-Learning Brain through Computational Methods
How does the brain respond to language-learning experiences?…More Info
- Feb 27, 20188:30 am - 2:00 pm
Interdisciplinary Security Research Workshop
The Penn State Center for Security Research and Education pr…More Info
- Feb 8, 20184:00 pm - 5:15 pm
International Law Under President Trump: A One-Year Assessment
John Bellinger, partner at Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer …More Info
- Feb 9, 20184:00 pm
Jacob Chakareski, “Drone IoT Networks for Virtual Human Teleportation”
Jacob Chakareski, assistant professor of electrical and comp…More Info
- Feb 12, 20181:30 pm - 2:30 pm
SoDa Introduction to Data Science with R Workshop Series
This workshop series will help you develop the skills to pro…More Info
- Feb 26, 20184:00 pm - 5:30 pm
ICS Data Visualization Workshop: Intro to Developing D3.js Projects
Want to learn how to create innovative visualizations of you…More Info
- Feb 19, 20181:30 pm - 2:30 pm
SoDA Workshop Series: Scraping Twitter
In the digital age, Twitter is becoming a platform that can …More Info