Seven ICS faculty receive promotionsPosted on June 29, 2018
ICS would like to congratulate the following co-hires receiving promotions beginning July 1:
Chad R. Hanna has been promoted to associate professor. Hanna is a part of the Department of Physics in the Eberly College of Science. Hanna focuses on gravitational-wave astrophysics, black holes, and neutron stars.
John Harlim has been promoted to professor. Harlim is a part of the Department of Meteorology and Atmospheric Science in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences and the Department of Statistics within the Eberly College of Science. Harlim’s work focuses on applied mathematics related to data-driven estimation and prediction problems.
ICS would also like to congratulate the following affiliates and associates on their promotions:
Seth Blumsack: Professor. Blumsack is an ICS affiliate in the Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences. Blumsack researches clean fuels, energy economics, and natural gas engineering.
Orfeu M. Buxton: Professor. Buxton is an ICS associate in the Department of Biobehavioral Health in the College of Health and Human Development. Buxton researches causes of sleep deficiency and its health consequences.
Paul Medvedev: Associate Professor. Medvedev is an ICS affiliate in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in the College of Engineering and the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in the Eberly College of Science. Medvedev studies computational genomics, genome assembly, and variation detection and phylogenetics.
Erica A.H. Smithwick: Professor. Smithwick is an ICS affiliate in the Department of Geography in the College of Earth and Mineral Sciences. Smithwick focuses on landscape and ecosystem ecology.
Mort Webster: Professor. Webster is an ICS associate in the Department of Energy and Mineral Engineering inthe College of Earth and Mineral Sciences. Webster researches risk analysis, uncertainty analysis, and energy and environmental systems.
- A peek at living room decor suggests how decorations vary around the world
- Interactive websites may cause antismoking messages to backfire
- Changing how government assesses risk may ease fallout from extreme financial events
- Science of Connection: Researcher to discuss GIS and connected communities
- Graduate student receives AMS award for hurricane research
- ICS affiliate to demonstrate July 13 at Arts Festival Booth
- ICS associate thinks ‘people will notice’ Net Neutrality Day of Action
- Losing Net Neutrality: ‘People Will Notice’