To transition Anvil users to the new ICS-ACI system, ICS has created a migration plan. Read on for details about the plan, information about the transition process, and key dates.
- Anvil will be shut off on December 21, 2017.
- Anvil users can transition to the ICS-ACI Open Queue.
- If the Open Queue will not meet your needs, please contact ICS at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about obtaining a GReaT allocation.
- If an Anvil PI had a Group1/2 storage allocation, they will receive a Try-ACI active storage allocation that lasts until October 31, 2018. The size of the new allocation will be equal to the PI’s Group1/2 storage, rounded up to the closest 5 TB block (ICS-ACI storage is allocated in 5 TB blocks).
- Anvil users are encouraged to sign up for an ACI account to utilize ACI-I (our ICS-ACI interactive compute environment) as soon as possible to ensure continuity in their access.
- There is currently no Windows environment on ICS-ACI. If you require additional assistance please contact our i-ASK center for additional assistance.
Transition Process Steps
1. Request and Activate Accounts: Anvil users will need to request user accounts on ICS-ACI; ICS will process the requests and activate the accounts.
2. Onboard to ICS-ACI: Please consult the following resources as you onboard to ICS-ACI:
- Sign up for an ICS-ACI Open Queue Boot Camp session.
- Consult ICS on-demand Training & Education
- For additional support, submit an i-ASK ticket.
3. Transfer Storage: Anvil users are responsible for transferring their data from Anvil to ICS-ACI. Please submit a ticket to the ICS i-ASK Center if you require assistance.
4. System Shut-off: Access to the Anvil system will be shutoff on December 21, 2017.
If you have any questions regarding the transition, please contact Derek Leydig.
Help us build the future. Contact ICS at Penn State.
- email: email@example.com
- phone: ICS-ACI Support (i-ASK Center): 814-865-4275 | General Inquiries: 814-867-1467
- Nov 7, 201711:00 am - 5:00 pm
XSEDE HPC Workshop: GPU Programming Using OpenACC
OpenACC is the accepted standard using compiler directives t…More Info
- Nov 6, 201710:00 am - 3:00 pm
NIIMBL Teaming Event with Celgene
Celgene, a biotechnology company, invites researchers to a m…More Info
- Nov 8, 20178:30 am - 4:30 pm
Amazon Web Services Research Immersion Day
Come and learn how to do science on the cloud! From scaling …More Info
- Nov 9, 20171:30 pm - 2:30 pm
SIRO Proposal Development Workshop: Perspectives on Graduate Education
Dean Evasius, Director, NSF Division of Graduate Education, …More Info
- Nov 2, 201712:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Introduction to Data Science with R Workshop 8: Managing Multiple Datasets
In this workshop, we will begin to synthesize what we have l…More Info
- Nov 10, 20172:00 pm - 3:00 pm
SIRO Proposal Development Workshop: NSF Research Traineeship Program-Limited Submission Opportunity
The NSF Research Traineeship (NRT) program (NSF 18-507) is d…More Info
- Nov 14, 20179:00 am - 5:00 pm
GIS Day 2017
Penn State GIS Day strives to bring together those who are w…More Info
- Nov 9, 201712:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Introduction to Data Science with R: Working with Text Data in R
In this workshop, we will cover the basics of manipulating a…More Info
- Nov 14, 20175:00 pm
Paul Hawken, “Drawdown, the Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming”
Environmentalist and entrepreneur Paul Hawken will be the ke…More Info
- Nov 16, 20172:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Ari Fertig of “The Conversation”
Penn State will host editor Ari Fertig from the academic med…More Info
- Nov 17, 20174:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Stochastic Computations Working Group: “Parameter estimation using linear response statistics: Theory and numerical scheme”
Join ICS Associate John Harlim and Xiantao Li for their bi-w…More Info