If you have jobs that are not time-sensitive, consider submitting them to the ACI-b Open Queue instead of the ACI-b Batch Queue.
All you need to access the Open Queue is an ICS account. If you do not have one already, you can request an account at this link.
No Charge to your Allocation for the Open Queue
Jobs submitted to the Open Queue run using idle ICS-ACI computing resources. That means the jobs you submit to this queue do not count against your allocation.
- All users are at an equal priority for Open Queue access
- Open Queue jobs have no guaranteed completion time
- Jobs and interactive sessions will start and run only when a sufficient number of idle cores are available
- Jobs may be suspended or pre-empted if the cores become needed for jobs on other queues
How Much Can I Use the ACI-b Open Queue?
Use of the Open Queue carries the following maximum limitations per user account:
- 100 jobs pending
- 20 cores executing jobs at any given time
- 24-hour job wall-times
- 24-hour interactive session duration
Learn to Use Open Queue
Learn more about the Open Queue by viewing our recorded Open Queue Boot Camp.
If you have any questions about using the Open Queue or submitting jobs, please contact us at email@example.com.
Help us build the future. Contact ICS at Penn State.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: ICS-ACI Support (i-ASK Center): 814-865-4275 | General Inquiries: 814-867-1467
- Nov 7, 201711:00 am - 5:00 pm
XSEDE HPC Workshop: GPU Programming Using OpenACC
OpenACC is the accepted standard using compiler directives t…More Info
- Nov 6, 201710:00 am - 3:00 pm
NIIMBL Teaming Event with Celgene
Celgene, a biotechnology company, invites researchers to a m…More Info
- Nov 8, 20178:30 am - 4:30 pm
Amazon Web Services Research Immersion Day
Come and learn how to do science on the cloud! From scaling …More Info
- Nov 9, 20171:30 pm - 2:30 pm
SIRO Proposal Development Workshop: Perspectives on Graduate Education
Dean Evasius, Director, NSF Division of Graduate Education, …More Info
- Nov 2, 201712:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Introduction to Data Science with R Workshop 8: Managing Multiple Datasets
In this workshop, we will begin to synthesize what we have l…More Info
- Nov 10, 20172:00 pm - 3:00 pm
SIRO Proposal Development Workshop: NSF Research Traineeship Program-Limited Submission Opportunity
The NSF Research Traineeship (NRT) program (NSF 18-507) is d…More Info
- Nov 14, 20179:00 am - 5:00 pm
GIS Day 2017
Penn State GIS Day strives to bring together those who are w…More Info
- Nov 9, 201712:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Introduction to Data Science with R: Working with Text Data in R
In this workshop, we will cover the basics of manipulating a…More Info
- Nov 14, 20175:00 pm
Paul Hawken, “Drawdown, the Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming”
Environmentalist and entrepreneur Paul Hawken will be the ke…More Info
- Nov 16, 20172:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Ari Fertig of “The Conversation”
Penn State will host editor Ari Fertig from the academic med…More Info
- Nov 17, 20174:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Stochastic Computations Working Group: “Parameter estimation using linear response statistics: Theory and numerical scheme”
Join ICS Associate John Harlim and Xiantao Li for their bi-w…More Info
- Nov 30, 20174:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Geodynamics Seminar with Tim Masterlark – Impulse Response Experiments for Magmatic Systems
Join the Department of Geosciences for a Geodynamics Seminar…More Info